Friday, September 23, 2011

Longing for More

One of my favorite praise song comes right out of Scripture.

As the deer pants for streams of water,
so my souls pants for you, O God.
My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.
When can I go and meet with God?
Psalm 42:1-2 NIV




One thing I love about my house is that many times throughout the day I can simply look out the windows and see deer in the yard.  It is quiet a comical sight when my hubby places feed out for them.  As you can see in the pictures above they are not afraid to get close enough to be the first at the dinner table.  We also get a kick out of them when they notice hubby outside they will ease in and look to see if he left them something.  Sometimes you will hear them "talking" to him and at times I giggle when I hear him talking to them.  We've even noticed that they pick out the best tasting stuff first then finish up the rest.  Just like my boys used to do at dinner.

Although it is not water they are panting for here they are longing for something and they are quick to come to the table.

Oh that I am that way.  How I desire to have my soul long after Him.  Thirsting for the Word of God...watching for Him each day and quick to come to the table. 

Have you ever counted the minutes until you could be in His presence again?  It is my desire, my prayer that I will have an eagerness to ask, "When can I go and meet with God?"  To come to Him thristy, to be filled with Him and be satisfied.  The greatest part is that I can be in God's presence at anytime and anywhere.  I can stand under His waterfall of truth and grace and be filled to overflowing.  The only thing holding me back is myself for He is always available.

Do you thrist for Him?

Stepping from the Shadows,

Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment