Wednesday, March 18, 2015

They Need Us....Gray Hair and All

Sometimes I get tickled at God’s sense of humor.

I mean really if anyone should have a great sense of humor it would be The Creator of all things.

For example look over to your right at my profile picture.  See all that gray hair?  I mean really I am not even 50 years old yet.  Close but not yet.  I tried so hard to keep that gray in check.  Spending hours upon hours and going through bottles upon bottles of colorant to hide what was sprouting out of my head.

Finally I gave up.  After every couple of weeks looking into the mirror to see a growing halo (and not the angelic kind) I bit the bullet and stepped away from the bottle.  Surely I could find better ways to spend that money that I was investing at a losing speed on hair color. My only prayer was God please let it look halfway decent.

It took over a year to let it grow out and subject family and friends to the awful transition but it finally got there.

Then as I was reading in Psalm I came across a verse that tickled me and had me saying “Yes, Lord Yes” at the same time.

Here’s the verse.

“Now that I am old and gray, do not abandon me, O God. Let me proclaim your power to this new generation, your mighty miracles to all who come after me.”   Psalm 71:18

Isn’t that first part a hoot?

But more than that I do desire to proclaim His power and His mighty miracles to all who come after me!

This new generation needs every one of us. They need to hear how God has been faithful to us. They need to know that He too will be faithful to them.

Share your story. Proclaim His Power. Speak of His miracles.


Let’s impact the next generation.  

Do you have a God sense of humor story?  Please share.

Blessing!

Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment